ArtfixTerra 3D Terrain Editor - Sophisticated Landscape editing and painting (MMORPG Editor, landscapeeditor, terrain editor)
Artifex Terra 3D - Easy and sophisticated landscape painting and editing
The Terrain Editor Artifex Terra 3D is a heightmap based realtime terrain and landscape modeling and texturing application (eg. for MMORPGs, etc.) trying to combine the usability of classic 2D painting programs with 3D content generation. Offering a great variety of powerful and fine resolving tools and filters while remaining well within 2 boundaries: simplicity & practical productivity.
The fast learning curve enables inspiring 3D world creation within a very short time, even for beginners. Artifex is designed very brush-centric, because we strongly believe, that the brush, even after centuries, still is the artist's most important tool. That in mind, we are of course always open for user suggestions that lead to further improvements and make terrain and outdoor scene generation even more fun and to quote one of our users: "addictive".
For a more detailed overview about the features of Artifex Terra click here to check the online-manual.
Click to enlarge. More Screenshots here...
Terrain editor features
- *New* Open source scene-loader class for Ogre3d::Terrain. You can download it here.
- *New* Add-on & sample source repository on SourceForge
- Grass-saving enabled.
- Triplanar texturing and splatting.
- Paged and animated grass support.
- Support for transparent textures.
- Open source C++ scene-loader class for easy project integration.
- Open source PHP-GTK based artifex-scene to ogre-dotscene converter.
- Mesh based decal cursor resembling the current brush in pattern, size and rotation.
- 180 degree brush flipping.
- Editable project templates.
- SQlite based storage system.
- Normalmapping and dynamic lighting support.
- Infinite custom object value pairs to edit game-content.
- 50 step Undosystem for all paint and terrain actions.
- Artpad support, tested with Wacom Graphire2 and Intous3 pads.
- Brushsystem with 10 different brushes, can be infinitely more.
- Brushrotation, random, snap to 11.25 steps and degreewise.
- Paintpressure is affected by the brightness of the brush you use.
- Colourpainting with several different tools: Paint, Erase, Darken, Brighten, Blur, Sharpen, Contrast, Noise and filters: GaussianBlur, Dilate, Edge,Erode,Repair,UnsharpMask,Sharpen,Noise,Clear.
- Terrain-shaping with 2 filters, and several different tools: Lower, Raise, Blur, Flatblur, Boil, Plane.
- Adding and editing of meshes, rapid placement with space+click for random rotation/placement.
- WYSIWYG texture adjusting, RGB, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast.
- Backblending of baked splatting textures to reduce texture tile effects.
- Texture-painting (splatting) with 9 different textures.
- Tested with terrain-sizes of 15000*15000 ogre units.
- Detailed documentation and help inside the terrain editor application.
- Model pack with trees, plants, buildings.
- And more...